Posting Courses on Our Training CalendarCOEAs, Master Educators and Master Tread Trainers, please see: Submit Courses for Our Training Calendar
Notes for Region Contacts
Access SetupWe're using embedded Google calendars for our website calendar. There are 3 sub-calendars for each Region - BSA LNT ME courses, BSA LNT Trainer courses and Tread Lightly! courses. The designated contact for each Regions is given access to his/her region's calendars (send the webmaster your google account name, ie typically something like firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reviewing Events Before Posting
Work with your Region OE Coordinator to decide how the two of you will handle reviewing courses (eg to ensure that they meet our standards - see this webpage) and communicating any needed updates back to the submitter.
The Region OE Coordinator, the Region posting contact (for those regions with one), and the webmaster receive a copy of requests sent to your region's email alias, for example WRcourses@outdoorethics-bsa.org. It is recommended that we cc this alias when communicating about the course posting so we are all kept in the loop wrt the status of the request.
Adding EventsWhen you bring up your Google calendar in your web browser and login to your google account (if not already logged in), you will see these Region calendars in your calendars list. When you add calendar events, you can choose to put the events in these Region calendars.
When you add events to your Region's calendars:
- For the Event Name, use the course and State:
- BSA LNT Trainer - Colorado
- or BSA LNT Trainer - CO
- Use the Where field for the location
- Choose the appropriate sub-calendar so filtering by type and region will work:
- BSAOE xR LNT Trainer - Trainer Courses
- BSAOE xR Tread - Tread Trainer and Master Tread Trainer courses
- BSAOE xR LNT ME - ME Courses (webmaster adds these when course is approved)
- Use the Google Event Description field for Details and LINKS (html link format):
- Example: <a href="http://longspeakbsa.org/volunteers/training/leave-no-trace-trainer/">Info and Registration</a>
- For events where the flyer can't be posted on the Council's website, please forward to the OutdoorEthics-BSA.org webmaster for posting on our website.
Make sure you remind the course submitter to send us an updated flyer if they update any course information.
- For events which are split, such as ME courses split across two weekends, here is how to set them up so they will list correctly (as a single event with two dates not two separate events) in our Upcoming Events listing:
- Create a new Event and set the start and end dates for the first weekend.
- Select the Repeat checkbox, and use the popup menu to create the 2nd part of the event. For example, for an ME course with the weekends 2 weeks apart:
- Select Weekly in the dropdown
- Every 2 weeks
- Ends after 2 occurences
- [ Done ]
- Select the appropriate sub-calendar, setup links to flyers, etc. Save the event.
- If the 2nd part isn't the same duration as the first (eg the 1st weekend is 3 days and 2nd weekend is 4 days):
- Click on the 2nd event in the calendar and select [ Edit event ]
- Adjust the dates and Save